Seeing Beyoncé: Enter The Life and Times of Queen Bey
Beyoncé: At a Glance
Beyoncé, or Queen Bey as she’s known among her core of fans, is one of the biggest musical stars in the world and has a huge, impressive and highly supportive fan following. Everything she does is scrutinized by the media and followed religiously by her fans. She was part of Destiny’s child before releasing her first solo album back in 2003; she hasn’t looked back ever since.
In the last 16 years of her solo career, she has wowed the hearts and minds of millions of people and impressed us with her vocals, dancing ability, and stage performances. She has also inspired a lot of women, especially black women around the world and made them realize that with hard work, anything is possible.
Fifteen Of Beyoncé’s Achievements That Will Blow Your Mind
Beyoncé has accomplished a lot in her career, and some of her legendary accomplishments include:
- Becoming the first black woman to headline the Coachella music festival in 2018.
- She is the first woman to take home six Grammys in one night.
- Becoming the highest-paid black recording artist of all time.
- She Became the first artist ever to have her first six studio albums debut at No. 1.
- At the 2017 Grammys, she became the first artist to have nominations in four different genres in the same year; Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Rap/Sung Collaboration, Best Rock Performance, and Best Urban Contemporary Album.
- Having received the most Grammy nominations in history.
- She is the first black entertainer to grace the cover of Sports Illustrated
- Beyoncé received the highest-paid Pepsi endorsement deal ever given to any other recording artist.
- She became the first black female recording artist to grace the cover of the prestigious September issue of Vogue magazine
- Queen Bey is the first female artist to have 12 or more songs on the Billboard Hot 100 charts at the same time, thanks to the Lemonade album.
- She is the first black woman to win ASCAP’s Pop Songwriter of the Year Award.
- Becoming the first woman to simultaneously top charts the U.S. and U.K. with her Dangerously in Love album and the smash hit single, “Crazy in Love”.
- Beyoncé became the first Celebrity influencer valued at over $1 million per social media post.
- She has sold over 118 million solo albums, and 60 million with Destiny’s Child, making her one of the highest-selling artists and one of the greatest pop music superstars of all time.
Beyoncé’s Famous Shows And Performances
Beyoncé has also made headlines with some of her performances and features. One of her most famous shows includes her performance at Coachella in 2018. She paid tribute to the culture of historically black colleges and universities with her performances at the event; featuring a full marching band and majorette dancers, while also incorporating some aspects of black Greek life, such as a step show along with strolling by pledges.
The performances were also inspired and influenced by black feminism; sampling black authors and featuring on-stage appearances by Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams who were fellow Destiny’s Child members as well as sister Solange Knowles.
Her performance of one Beyoncé April 14 show immediately received widespread critical acclaim, with many in the media describing the show as inspiring, amazing and “historic.” The performance was nicknamed “Beychella” by fans and the media.
Beyoncé’s performance attracted 458,000 simultaneous viewers to become the festival’s most viewed performance ever till today, and the most live streamed performance of all time; with the entire festival having 41 million total viewers from around the world, 75% up from the previous year.
Beyoncé released a concert film and live album through Netflix of her performance entitled Homecoming on April 17, 2019.
Beyoncé’s Fandom And Cult Following
Beyoncé also has a massive following and has 128million Instagram followers and 15million twitter followers.
Her Instagram account is one of the top 10 most followed accounts.
Also, Beyoncé’s fans are nicknamed “BeyHives” and are notorious for defending Beyoncé and attacking anyone that tries to come for her.
Is Beyoncé Going To Tour the UK in 2019 or 2020?
If you’re a massive Beyoncé fan, you may have noticed that the Pop celeb has been noticeably absent from the music-sphere as of late.
She last released an album in 2016 and has steered clear of events such as the recent Grammy Awards. Queen Bey is, of course, a busy lady; having recently welcomed twins into the world and working on different projects such as The Lion King.
But should we be expecting anything exciting from the star in 2019, perhaps some new music? Or perhaps a UK autumn or winter tour? Let’s take a look…
A quick web search shows there is nothing in the calendar just yet in terms of touring in the UK in the winter/autumn or even at all. None of the entertainment news outlets have really reported on a new upcoming tour.
Beyoncé’s social media accounts also make no suggestion of it. Plus, her website and other ticket sites do not give any indication of any upcoming tours in the UK or even anywhere at all. Quite sad, right?
One thing you can count on, whenever Bey does announce her 2019/2020 UK Tour Dates, you’ll be able to get Beyoncé tickets on Gigsberg, the world’s best secondary ticket marketplace for sold out shows, where tickets are 100% Guaranteed.
Don’t Be Surprised By A Big Bey Surprise
It wouldn’t be a surprise in the slightest if all of a sudden Beyoncé announced a surprise tour, just like she did with the Lemonade tour.
Beyoncé’s style is announcing stuff without prior warning or indication. Remember back in 2016 when she dropped the Lemonade album without any promotion or indication beforehand? So, it wouldn’t be a surprise if she used those tactics for announcing tour dates.
The issue might just be that her last album was released in 2016 and it wouldn’t really make sense right now to go on tour. Her last album, Lemonade was an instant hit. The album featured bangers such as Formation, Lemonade, and Freedom, featuring Kendrick Lamar.
There have been no new albums since this last one, although there have been rumors recently, they have quickly been squashed and proven to be false
There were also rumors that she could soon be releasing a new album via Netflix; whom she had apparently been in negotiations with. It’s hard to verify this information though, so, for now, you might not want to give it much thought.
While at first glance it doesn’t quite seem like obviously great news, you just know that when Beyoncé does choose to release a new single or a new album, it will 100% be worth the wait. We can also revel in her previous tours, for now, enjoying all that they had to offer.